Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Smart Training With the Sickies

Yesterday I was sick, and today I woke up worse! Sore throat, runny nose, headache. Not feeling good at all. As a Personal Trainer, I advise my clients to skip the gym if they are sick from the chest and down (stomached flu, flu, any respiratory sickness, ect.). If you do choose to exercise, keep it light and make sure you are NOT contagious. Regardless if your sick or not, clean up the equipment you used with the cleaning products provided by the gym. I hate watching sick patrons use the facility, use their grubby hands on all the equipment, and leave without cleaning up after themselves. Good way to spread your sickies to everyone else! Truly, your best bet is to take your exercise outside, get some fresh air, and do light cardio (walk or jog). Providing of course weather permits. Today is beautiful, so Kellen and I took our sickies outside for a walk. Now to chase our walk with a long afternoon nap. Hopefully tomorrow looks better for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment