Friday, November 11, 2011

Cannoli Protein Cupcakes

Today I had to use the rest of the ricotta cheese in my fridge before it went bad. The cheese here in Italy is amazing but it's so fresh that it'll go bad within days. My favorite way to eat ricotta is in cannolis (hey, I'm being honest, I have a huge sweet tooth). So I decided to make something healthy of it. Recipe is; 3/4 cup ricotta. 1 1/2 cup oats. 1/2 cup egg whites. 1/4 cup cookies and cream protein powder (I used Syntha 6). Mix together and drop into muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes at 375F. They turned out decent. If you need them more sweet add a couple packs stevia, or if you like them more moist use 1 cup ricotta. Today was shoulder day, I hit them first with Behind the Neck Press, 4 sets 8 reps, 5th set I drop set till I couldn't press even the barbell. Hammer strength seated shoulder press, 3 sets 10 reps. Standing lateral raise, 4 sets 12 reps only 30 second rest. I did this to really exhaust the medial delt before hitting the next two exercises. Cable upright row, 3 sets 12 reps. Cable face pull with rope, 3 sets 15 reps. Bench dips Superset with Steering Wheels (4 sets total, bench dips 15 reps, steering wheels timed till failure).

No comments:

Post a Comment