Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Breakfast & Leg Day

Yesterday was Black Friday and I needed some certain somethings that we're going to be hugely discounted. That meant waking up super early and standing in the long line outside the store. I was not about to do that on an empty stomach so I needed a breakfast plan. It was super fast, super easy, and pretty tasty. Mix 1/2 cup dry oats, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 1 diced medium banana. Put it in the fridge the night before. In the morning, voila! The oats have softened and it's ready to eat. I prepared it the night before in a Tupperware container so in the morning I could grab breakfast, a bottle of water, and spoon before heading out the door. I ate my breakfast in the line whilst being among a group of rumbling hungry tummies! Bonus: Chock Full O Nuts was there handing out free black coffee. With all the energy from breakfast and the coffee, I was ready to do some major shopping. That afternoon I did my fourth workout of the week, legs again. This time emphasis on glutes and hamstrings. Stiff Leg Deadlift, 12, 8, 6, 6, 6. Full squat, sitting "in the pocket" for a brief moment to stretch the glutes, then powering back up, 3 sets 12 reps. Lying hamstring curl Superset with Abductor machine, 3 sets 12 reps each exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment