Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Adult Fruit Snacks

I started playing around with the ingredients in my kitchen. Kellen was napping, Mike was sound asleep, and I had already checked my Facebook and email accounts a million times. So I went into the kitchen, closed the door, and decided to get all creative. I came up with Adult Fruit Snacks. They are like those fruit snacks you ate as a kid, but way more healthier and fun for adults. 1 cup raisins, 1 cup craisens, 1 cup dried pomegranate, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 handful almonds, dash vanilla, 1/4 cup oats. Put it all in a food processor and "process" it till its nice and sticky with little bits. For me I had it on for five minutes, periodically stopping it to push the ingredients back into the blades. Then scoop out approximately a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a small ball. I put about six small balls in individual ziplocks for easy on the go snacking. Today's leg day was a little different. We went for more sets less reps. Why? Because I need to fill out my pants with some glute muscle! 1 warm up set full squats. 5 sets 5 reps barbell squat. 4 sets 10 reps leg press. Triset of leg extension, lying leg curl, and seated abductor (3 rounds total, rep scheme 12, 12, 15). Mike was pretty angry with me when he couldn't climb the stairs after we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment