Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Potluck Depression.

Every time I make food for a potluck function here I come home with the dish full of the food I made for others to eat. No one eats my food! I asked a couple of the other wives and my husband. They said its because I've been labeled the "healthy personal trainer" and no one wants to eat the healthy food at the potluck, they want to gorge on the comfort foods. So that brings me to thinking, "a potluck is an excuse for some people to eat whatever they want without guilt?" What does a potluck mean to a fitness nut, bodybuilder, someone watching their waistline? A death wish? Lol. Not sure. Potlucks don't scare me. I usually survey everything, then go back and choose what I want most and take a little bit of that. Did you know Americans put an average of 7 lbs of weight over the holiday season? Just FYI. Anyways, I annihilated shoulders today! Bench press, 5 sets 5 reps. Tabata style seated shoulder press machine. Steering wheel, 4 sets 30 seconds with plate. Upright cable row Superset with lateral fly (10 reps each exercise, slow tempo. 3 rounds total). Leaning unilateral shoulder raise Superset with tricep press down on cable machine with rope attachment (15 reps each arm, 15 reps on tricep press down also. 3 rounds total).

1 comment:

  1. um..i would eat it! i love the taste of healthy foods. I vow NOT to gain weight this holiday season...it will be hard though since we are going home for a month for christmas and im sure all i will be doing is going out to eat...

    ReplyDelete