Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No rest for the weary...

As I said in my previous post I was sick. Well... It got worse. I left for Germany Early Thursday morning at 4am from my house, traveled all morning, and didn't actually get into my hotel room till 9ish. Friday we shopped literally all day and we didn't get back to the room till 10pm. All this time I'm still fighting a cold (runny nose, sore throat, congestion). I wake up Saturday really feeling horrible, like now I'm going to vomit. And what do you know I do! And I vomit all day! Sad thing was I thought I could fight this flu so I ventured out to Heidelburg to see the castle and shop the markets. It was absolutely horrible. Sunday I felt better, but weak. We spent the afternoon and evening traveling. Didn't land back home till 11 and I hit the sack at midnight. Mike says that I did too much and that's why a two day cold turned into a week long cold and stomach flu ordeal. I guess my immune system is down because no one else caught my bug. Sad thing though is when a mommy takes off on a four day vacation she comes home to a bucketload of work. I had so much laundry that I took it all to the laundromat (about 8 loads on the big washers). And of course there were no groceries nor was the house clean. So I didn't get to even "rest" on Monday. Tuesday I had much more energy so I wanted to hit the gym. Just one hour I know would lift my spirits and refuel my inner sense of calm. Sound weird? I use exercise as "me" time. I release stress, I reenergize, and most of the time its my break from being a mommy and wife. Everyone needs a break once in awhile. Mine is that one hour I get in the gym usually 3-4 times a week. Yesterday I did shoulders and triceps and today I hit back. Here's the workouts. Yesterday: standing barbell shoulder press. 1 warm up set of 16. 3 sets 6. Seated hammer strength shoulder press, 3 sets 8 reps. Seated Arnold press superset with standing lateral side raises, 3 sets 10 reps each exercise. Cable press down superset with reverse grip cable press down, first exercise 12 reps then second performed till failure. Modified skull crushers to keep constant tension on the triceps, 3 sets 12 reps. Lying lateral raises on bench with constant tension on the medial delt, no rest in between sets, 15 reps each arm. And as for today: pull ups, 5 sets 10 reps. Seated row superset with lat pull down, 4 sets 15 reps each exercise, no rest in between sets. Standing t-bar row, 10, 8, 6. Seated hammer strength alternating lat pull down with stretch, 3 sets 10 reps each arm. Bent over rear delt fly, 3 sets 12 reps. No rest for the weary. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment