Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Figure OR Bikini?





Here is my front, back, and side pose. I'm debating on whether to compete in the figure or bikini division. I decided to take pictures and look them over a few times, and then have some friends look them over too. I'm afraid I cannot put on enough muscle to compete in Figure... yet... I love figure though, I love to pose and show off the muscle I've worked so hard for in the gym. And to be honest, I'd rather compete in figure, that's where my heart is. Not that there is anything wrong with the bikini division BUT I just like the look of figure more. And so here I start my journey to the stage with my 4 month out BEFORE photos. I guess I have another 2 months before I absolutely have to make up my mind and send in the registration for the division I choose. Photos don't lie though, I like them better than the scale. The scale lies to me all the time. Especially on a high carb day. Yesterday was hamstring/glute day and it was very similar to last weeks except that I added in some deep lunges. Today was back day and of course I started it was 5 sets of pull ups like always. This has definitely been helping with the strength and symmetry of my upper back. Then we did 4 sets of single arm dumbbell rows, 8 reps each arm. I was throwing some mean weight around, 45lb dumbbells. Ah yea! Followed that up with a superset of seated cable close-grip rows & neutral grip lat pull down, 10 reps each exercise, 3 total supersets. Then ended it with a superset of straight arm pull down & bent over rear delt fly, 12 reps each exercise, 3 supersets total. For lunch today I tried something new. I call it my Mediterranean Meatball Pitas. Mix 1lb extra lean ground beef (or turkey if you prefer), 1/2 cup oats, 1 egg white, 1 tbs basil, 1 tsp salt together and then form into 12 meatballs. Cook over medium heat in a tsp of olive oil. Meanwhile warm up the pita pockets and cut in half. Put 2 tbs of hummus in each pita then put 4 meatballs in each pita. Serve with small side salad. Yum-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment