Monday, December 12, 2011

My Turn

So I've faithfully and unselfishly given up my body to the art of baby makin for 3 years now. How you ask? Well, after my last competition I had to hang up the posing suit and put on the lbs. My body didn't want to get pregnant because of the PCOS & it definitely couldn't support a baby if my bodyfat was low. Also, I had to change the way I trained. That meant less intensity, less cardio, more food, and not as many days in the gym. Believe it or not, this was hard for me. I love training, so to tell me not to train was like telling a fish not to swim. The food part wasn't hard, I love food. But dialing down the intensity was a huge sacrifice for me. After years of trying, I finally got pregnant! Hallelujah! Pregnancy was not good for me though. I had horrible morning sickness and ended up losing weight because I couldn't keep down food for the first six months. No food meant no energy and no energy meant little exercise. After I gave birth I made a goal to lose all my baby weight within the year. Accomplished. I also made a goal to breastfeed my son for the first year of his life. Kellen is only 1 1/2 months from turning 1 year old. I'm super close to that goal too. So now I feel it's my turn to have my body back. So I've decided to do another competition. The goal has been set and April 14 I will be walking back on stage strutting in those clear stripper heals, covered in Jan Tana, posing oil, and a pound of jewelry and makeup. Can't wait, IT'S MY TURN!

1 comment:

  1. yay good for you!! that takes some serious discipline...that's the hardest part for me. i lack it!! i need to be back in shape by now but i've been slacking. reading your blog and seeing you so fit is motivating me to get my butt back into it.

    ReplyDelete