Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reason #2,445:

Why I exercise, reason number 2,445: Because when I was standing in the H & M dressing room only in my panties I was admiring my own butt, waist, and back in the double mirror and exclaimed "who needs clothes!" Nothing nicer than putting in months and months of hard work in the gym and seeing results. I know there's always room for improvement but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging and rewarding my hard earned accomplishments with self praise. Now, I just need to shave and tan these crazy winter white legs of mine and it'd look even better! Do you use the excuse of winter to let your legs get out of control hairy? Eek, I'm guilty as charged. Sorry for that tangent. Anyways, I'm attributing the better glutes to all those deadlifts. Mmm, love me some deadlifts each week. My staples each week in the gym are pull ups, barbell shoulder presses, deadlifts, and leg press. Been keeping the weight heavy with 5 sets 5 reps and have noticed substantial muscle gains. I've also been eating more beef. Just a couple changes that have really made a difference. Happy training!

4 comments:

  1. do you do those everyday? I'm trying to find staple weight lifts to do everyday to get started. I'm trying to get myself motivated and stop making excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why it was unkown but that last post was me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, it depends on my goal. When I first got back into the gym after baby Kellen was born I only did two full body workouts a week. They always included compound exercises and I tried to get the whole body. It'd usually go like this, 3 sets barbell squats, 3 sets deadlifts, 3 sets assisted pull ups, 3 sets barbell military press, and 3 sets dumbbell bench chest press. I stayed between 10-15 reps in the beginning. Now im getting ready for a competition and trying to pit on a little more muscle before i start dieting down. I hit the gym four times a week seperating my routine into a shoulder/tricep day, hamstring/glute day, back/bicep day and a quad/calf day. then gradually went heavier and nowim shooting for 6-8 reps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I'm going do the four times a week maybe not starting out very high than working up higher. Just trying to get to where i feel good about myself. I'm so happy for you and how great things are going for you in Italy. Good luck with your competition I know you will be great

    ReplyDelete