Friday, October 7, 2011

Praise the Lord, I have a husband who understands!

I couldn't get the babysitter today and I was grumpy because I thought was going to miss out on leg day this week. Regardless if I would make it to the gym, I was going to workout. But there is something so nice about having my one hour free all to myself in the gym kicking my own butt. I could be a sadist, I really love hitting the weights hard and stumbling out of the gym on leg day. Anyways, my husband saw I didn't have a sitter so when he came home he offered to take baby Kellen on his errands while I get my much needed gym time. Wahoo. So today I really brought the pain. Workout was as follows; 4 sets 15 reps cable squats. 3 sets 10 reps each leg standing single leg press on the pull up assisted machine. No resting at all between sets, if you're not familiar with this exercise, it's totally dope! 3 sets 10 reps leg press. 3 sets 12 reps leg extension. 3 sets 12 reps lying leg curl. 3 sets 30 reps walking lunges superset with lateral shoulder raise. I put all this in the training calculator and it said I only burned 124 calories.... Ya right! I need a new calorie counter. Anyways, I followed all that with a lower body stretch and stumbled out of the gym, just like I hoped. As for diet, I was really good, except for the four small bites of white cake I ate after dinner. I shared it with Mike so I didn't feel too naughty. Nutrition calculator estimates 1984 calories consumed, which is really close to my goal for the day. I'm still breastfeeding and it was a leg day so I try to go on the higher end. If I'm hungry again later, I'll eat again. I listen to my hunger levels more now that'll a bf mom. Does anyone out there bf and train? How are your hunger levels?

No comments:

Post a Comment