Thursday, October 27, 2011

Boulder Shoulders

I love me a pair of muscular shoulders. Jamie Eason, Erin Stern, Dwight Howard, you get the picture. Im obsessed with trying to get the ultimate v-taper and having wide shoulders helps with that illusion. I don't have a small waist, much to people's astonishment. When I tell them my measurements they usually are baffled and say, "you look smaller than that.". Yep, that illusion can be achieved by putting muscle on your lats, delts, glutes, and quads. So back to my shoulder day. I love lifting heavy with shoulders! Seated dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets 10 reps). Seated Arnold press (4 sets 8 reps). Upright cable row Superset with standing lateral raise (3 sets 15 reps each). Dips superset with tricep rope press down (3 sets 15 reps). Leaning single arm lateral raise (3 sets 15 reps each arm). Tricep pushups on bosu ball (3 sets till failure). Mmm, followed up my workout with a steak burrito (4 ounces marinated steak wrapped in spinach tortilla and one slice provolone). And dessert? Mmm, same thing I eat every night (yes, I eat desert!). One scoop chocolate myofusion mixed with 1 tbs water and 1 tbs peanut butter. Makes a pudding type of consistency and gives me that protein I need while my muscles repair at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment