Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm going to be an aunt!

Yippee, my big brother and his wife are having a little boy. Good news to end a great day. Speaking of my day, I did my back workout and made some delicious Mexican Lasagna.
Bent Over Row Superset with Straight Arm Lat Pulldown (15 reps each exercise, 3 sets total).
Behind the neck pull down Superset with Bent Over Rear Delt Fly (15 reps each, 3 sets total).
Upright Row Superset with Seated Neutral Grip Cable Rows (15 reps each, 3 sets total).
Hammer Strength Single Arm Pulldown (10 reps each arm, 3 sets total).
Back Extension (15 reps, 3 sets).
Hammer Cable Curl with Rope Superset with Barbell Bicep Curl (15 reps each, 3 sets total).
Lets see how I feel tomorrow. It's very hard to exhaust the back (and all those intricate muscles) so I'm trying a new method to see if I can hit muscle failure faster by using supersets. It's something I saw Kai Green doing in a documentary series. Not one method works for everyone, so I'm open to trying new things. Especially when my last back routine was getting stale.
As for dinner, it was a Mexican Lasagna. Very simple and fast. 1 lb ground beef browned on skillet with 1 tbs chili powder, 1 tbs cumin and salt to taste. 1 can diced no salt added tomatoes. 1 can low sodium black beans. 3 whole wheat tortillas. Shredded cheddar cheese. Place a 1/3 of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan, then place a tortilla on top. Layer 1/3 of ground beef mixture, 1/3 of black beans, 1/3 of tomatoes and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese. Place another tortilla on top, layer 1/3 black beans, 1/3 beef, 1/3 tomatoes and cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Layer remaining beef and black beans. Reserve a 1/3 of cheese. Put in oven at 350F for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and let cool for 5-8 minutes.
Also, I'm still trying to stay cute in the gym. Here was my outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment