Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cold weather brings warm apple pie.

For the last five years I've been making protein pancakes for breakfast regularly. I rarely stray from them, as they provide my perfect ratios of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. This morning was the first day that felt like fall, and I started the morning feeling like something nice and hot to warm me up. Momma Gal is known for her baked oatmeal recipes, so I thought I'd give her famous breakfast dish a try. I was not disappointed! You should try one of hers yourself. This morning I made the Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal. Super easy, the hardest part was waiting for it to bake. 1/2 c oats, 1/2 cup natural applesauce, 3 T egg whites, 1 tsp apple pie spice, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1 packet stevia. Mix all ingredients and place in oven safe bowl. Bake for 350 f for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment