Friday, October 14, 2011

Extra Cardio

Today I got extra cardio, and not on purpose. This morning I walked the dog which was the only cardio scheduled for the day. I went to the gym this afternoon for leg day and totally massacred them. Then this evening my car broke down, thankfully, we were home so we didn't get stuck anywhere. But while Mike was messing with the car Gunner snuck out of the gate and went on a 2 1/2 hour adventure. I walked with Kellen up and down hills and wandered all over Paterno looking for him. I of course came home empty handed (had Kellen in one hand but no Gunner in the other). I cried and told Mike "you lost my dog," about 30 minutes later after it had already been dark for an hour the little bugger finally came home hungry and thirsty and amped up on something. Life in the wild? Anyways, I tried messing around with my baked oatmeal this morning by adding pumpkin and it actually turned out good. It was 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, dash of pumpkin pie spice, 2 egg whites, 1 egg, dash vanilla, 1/8 tsp baking powder, packet of stevia (or agave syrup if you live here in Sicily and shop at the commissary). Bake 350F for 25 min or so. Even Mike liked this version. Today's killer leg day workout was as follows. 4 sets 8 reps barbell squat. 3 sets 10 reps box squat. 4 sets 18 reps leg press (each set feet in different position, wide, wide with toes out, close, close and high for glutes). 3 sets 12 reps leg extension. 3 sets 12 reps lying leg curl. 3 sets leaning lateral raise on bench, 15 reps each arm. I'm going to feel that one tomorrow. Ciao ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment