Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fun with my hubbers.

Today I made it to the gym with Mike. It was supposed to be leg day but yesterday he went on a hike up Mt. Etna so he begged me to switch to shoulders and triceps instead. I agreed and so went our training together. I don't know about you, but I enjoy working out with my husband, aka the hubbers. Besides his complaining, which I like to make fun of, it can actually be a good time. Today main complaint from him was, "I'm so tired,remember I climbed a volcano yesterday!?" To which I would reply, "stop being a wuss, if I went yesterday I would've ran to the top!". During our second to last exercise he complained, "what's your definition of muscle fatigue? Because I believe I hit it! I can't do anymore. You're crazy!". All in good fun though. We joke around and push each other to work harder all the while giggling and acting like silly kids. It does help that we each had a shot of expresso before hitting the weights. The shoulder workout is as follows. Front plate raise (15 reps) Superset with Arnold Press (12) 3 sets total. Side lateral raise (15reps) Superset with cable upright row (12 reps) 3 sets total. Seated hammer strength shoulder press (10 reps x 3 sets). Dips (3 sets 10 reps). Leaning side lateral raises (3 sets 15 reps each arm) Cable straight bar press down (10 reps) Superset with cable rope press down with flare of wrists (15 reps) 3 sets total. For dinner, I made a Rachel Ray Fall Chili with lean ground beef, apples, lots of spices, and a special ingredient... Apple Cider! It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment