Monday, January 30, 2012

Show Me Your Blood & Guts!

Yahoo! It's me, the first, the one, the only female in the Blood & Guts Club of Sigonella Sicily. The tryouts were yesterday, which by coincidence was on the day of my sweet baby boy's first birthday. This was very exciting for me and it proved to help during those last ten seconds of my flexed arm hang. I dedicated my performance to my son, and in those last 10 seconds of the flexed arm hang, when I started shaking, I thought "Dont let baby Kellen down! This is for him." After I passed all three tests I was absolutely beaming, my face hurt because I couldnt stop smiling. Ive been working so hard to get back my strength and this was the testemant to all that dedication and hard work. What better day to reach my goal then on Kellen's first birthday. I hope that I can lead by example and show him, as well as others, that living a fit and healthy life is fun and rewarding. So... Do you want to train for the Blood & Guts Club? You can do it! I trained for 3 solid months with a 3-day lifting plan to increase strength. I incorporated the test exercises each week as well as other compound strength building exercises. It's all about increasing the weight for your one rep max. Criteria: 60 second flexed arm hang, Leg Press 2x bodyweight, Bench Press 75% of bodyweight. Believe me, you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment