Friday, January 6, 2012

Hot Stinky Mess

So I've been without a shower for three days now, and it's not like I'm sitting around doing nothing. I work up a hot stinky sweat at the gym and my hair oil makes me want to vomit. Today is an Italian holiday so they still can't fix the short in the water pump. The city did manage to turn on the direct water and I had just enough pressure to flush a toilet, wash my dirty hands and have a trickle of shower water to get the job done. It took 10 minutes to rinse the shampoo out of my hair but at this point I can't complain, at least I had water. Today we hit quads differently than usually keeping the reps between 15-20. We also did lots of drop sets, walking down the stairs was killer. Tonight I also made up a new recipe. It was delicious. I'll call it Southern Sweet Potato Chili. Brown up 1 lb ground beef with 1 tbs Cajun seasoning (I used McCormicks). Add 16 ounces chopped sweet potato, 1 can Fire Roasted Tomato, 1 can low sodium pinto beans, 1/2 cup water, and 1 more tbs of Cajun seasoning. Cover and cook till sweet potatos are tender, about 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Do not add additional salt as the McCormicks already has high salt content. Calories 370, carbs 46, fat 8, protein 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment