Monday, February 4, 2013

And Now I'm Confused

After the ultrasound the technician informed me the results would be sent to my doctor no later than Monday. So on Tuesday January 29, I called my doctors office. The receptionist informed me they in fact did receive the findings from my ultrasound and someone would be contacting me back to explain results. On Thursday I had not received any phone calls so I again contacted the office. The receptionist informed me the doctor has 72 hours to contact me. On Friday (72 hours after my first call) I again contacted the office. The receptionist apologized for no one contacting me and said she would have someone, whether it be my doctor or her assistant, call me by the end of the day. At 4:30pm, I had not received any calls so I again called the office. I was then informed mostly everyone had left for the day but a message would be delivered to my doctor immediately. Fast forward through the weekend and today (Monday) I call the office for the fifth time. I explained my annoyance and requested someone immediately call me back. 2 hours later, I finally get a call from my doctors nurse informing me that my ultrasound was completely normal.

First of all, why did it take so long for someone to deliver as great news as "normal"? Second, what do you mean normal! Something has got to be wrong!

Yes, I'm very happy that the ultrasounds show normal results, but in the same respect, why am I bleeding all the time? What is causing all my symptoms? My husband assures me this is great news, and that it must be a combination of my PCOS coupled with stress that is causing so much of what I'm experiencing.

Regardless of my results, one thing is for sure, I'm changing doctors. I've been to the doctor 4 times in the last 5 months. Each time I've sat in the waiting room for over an hour (these were scheduled appointments). Not to mention waiting in the examination room naked only covered by a thin paper robe for over 30 minutes. One particular visit I didn't have a babysitter and Mike was at work so I brought Kellen and was reprimanded by a Nurse Practitioner for not finding a sitter. After my third visit it took a week for the doctors office to contact me informing me I in fact did have an infection and to go pick up my prescription. Then this, waiting a week to get a call back from my doctors office with results on my ultrasound. I'm extremely unhappy with my care and will be leaving "Women's Specialty Care of Las Vegas" for a midwife.

I still have uncertainty as to what I'm experiencing. I'm unsure whether I should keep searching to figure out what's going on or if I should just take PCOS & Stress as the reason.

1 comment:

  1. That is so crazy that they can't find out what's wrong. Good for you for switching doctors. I bled for nearly a year right before I had my baby, but it was my BC that was causing it. How frustrating to not know why. :( I'm sorry, girl. Thanks for keeping us updated on things.

    ReplyDelete