Thursday, February 21, 2013

Not the Time To Set A New PR

Wednesday I woke up very tired and lethargic. It was one of those days when I forced myself to get out of bed and go to the gym. Just before I arrived at Golds, I received a message from my husband that our short sale was finally approved! I was so happy and excited from the news that I got a sudden burst of energy and motivation to hit the weights HARD. It was leg day so I just kept throwing one plate after another onto the squat bar. I completely forgot that morning I woke up exhausted. Until set 5 when I realized my heart rate was high and it wasn't coming down even between sets. I began to slow down even though my motivation was high. My body was saying, "NOT TODAY!" I took a couple of longer breaks and tried to push myself on the hack squat but my legs started shaking and I began to feel light headed. Definitely my sign to slow down and take it easier. The rest of my day was exactly like my gym time. Every time I walked up the stairs my body screamed to take it slower, relax a little bit.

Thursday was no different. I ended up taking the day off from the gym and just spending the day with light cleaning around the house, I even took a nap. Reflecting on both Wednesday and Thursday, I really feel like my body is exhausted from the cleanse. I'm eating sufficient calories and I'm not overtraining, so I believe all the toxins from the "die off" are effecting my body processes.

I used to regularly see an acupuncturist in San Diego. Her name was Erin, and what she taught me has stuck with me since I saw her 4 years ago. Erin always believed you should listen to your body, back off when it was asking for rest. The way she explained it made so much sense to me. Sometimes Eastern Medicine just makes more sense. She always said that I needed to slow down, and listen more to my body. I was way to hard on myself, and she was right.

And speaking of white tongues, because that's one of the reasons I chose to do the cleanse. The first day I met with Erin she asked to look at my tongue. It seemed strange to me but I showed her. She smiled and said, "it looks great, nice and pink!" I'm currently working toward getting my tongue back to NICE AND PINK with this cleanse. And it's working. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment