Monday, February 11, 2013

The Cleanse & My New Workout Program

Next Sunday I'll be starting a 7 day cleanse as well as a new workout program that I've put together. I'm incorporating both traditional bodybuilding lifting as well as yoga into my weekly split and I'm starting the whole thing off with a modified whole food cleanse.

The Cleanse is explained as follows:
Days 1, 2, 6, 7:
Upon Waking large glass of purified water with fresh squeezed lemon
Breakfast: Quinoa. Topped with chia seeds, sunflower seeds and craisins
Lunch: Brown Rice, unlimited vegetables, 4 ounces chicken
Snack: Vegetables with hummus dip
Dinner: Same as lunch

Days 3, 4, 5:
Upon waking water with lemon
Breakfast: Large Bowl of Fruit Salad
Lunch: mixed plate of chopped vegetables
Snack: smoothie with vegetables and low sugar fruit
Dinner: vegetable Soup

No caffeine, alcohol, dairy, gluten, or oils (with exception of coconut oil for its healthy fats and anti fungal benefits).

As for the weekly workout regime:
Sunday: Power Yoga
Monday: Ashtanga Yoga
Tuesday: Traditional Bodybuilding Lower Body
Wednesday: Traditional Upper Body Push (chest, shoulders)
Thursday: Traditional Upper Body Pull (back)
Friday: Gentle Ashtanga Yoga
Saturday: Hiking or Gentle Yoga

I'll post my experience after I complete the 7 day cleanse. I'm both excited and nervous but looking forward to experiencing the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment