Friday, June 1, 2012

My Other Hobby

My husband purchased a wonderful birthday present for me this year, a DSLR camera. I was absolutely stunned and excited! I told myself that moment if I were going to tote around this new investment I must learn how to use this camera to its full potential. I was no longer going to allow myself to shoot in Auto Mode. Nope! I was going to master the Manual Mode (scary, I know!). So that's what I've been doing for the last couple months with my new toy, learning how to use it and take beautiful, creative photos. One of the photography blogs I follow is having a little competition and I've decided to enter one of my photos. It was a very difficult choice as I've taken thousands of pictures this past month of May. Yep, thousands. It was hard to narrow it down to just a couple photos, and I couldn't choose. So I sought the help of my more experienced photography friends for their opinions. This is the photo I've chosen.
I shot this photo while antique shopping in Salt Lake City, Utah. Not only did the objects in the photo catch my eye, but also the way it was set.
Click It Up A Notch
Check out the blog, it's pretty informative. And check out some of the other entries, I'm up against some pretty good entries .

1 comment:

  1. love this pic, eerie..side note though, I am deathly afraid of dolls and this so eloquently captures the doll faces in my nightmares as a child...nicely captured Krystal!! Manual mode is so much better once you get the hang of it...and sometimes pictures you think wouldn't turn out right actually do! :O)

    ReplyDelete