Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cake Pops!

Cake:
1 can black beans rinsed well
7 pitted dates
1 scoop protein powder
1 tsp vanilla
14 pecans
2 tbs cocoa
2 packets stevia
Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Place in a 6x6 cake pan and bake 375F for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.

The "glue":
2 tbs chia seeds
6 tbs coffee (or water)
Place chia in small bowl with liquid and soak for 15 till it become a jelly

Chocolate Coating:
4 tsp cocoa
4 tsp melted coconut oil
Stevia to taste (I used 2 packets but it's not very sweet)

Now put it all together! Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl. Add the chia jelly and form the mixture into small golf size balls. Place a popsicle stick into a ball and coat the ball in the chocolate coating mixture. Place the cake pops in the fridge for at least one hour or until the coating hardens. Enjoy! Makes 20 pops.

Put all the ingredients for the cake in the food processor.

Cooling the cake.

Yep, those are nails. 'Cuz I'm hardcore like that!

The Nutrition Information

Calories:59 Carbohydrates:6.5 Fat:3 Protein:3

2 comments:

  1. o my gosh, those nails are awesome...must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can I buy these??? I'm far too lazy to make them...

    I know,,,I'll wait until the Sicilian comes home and makes them for me...I'll supply the nails..now, that's a clever touch!

    ReplyDelete