Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flag Nor Fail!

Yesterday my new Flag Nor Fail sleeveless hoodie arrived in the mail. This is my third purchase from the company who is quickly becoming my newest addiction. If you're not familiar with FNF, they are a small company that hand prints their products (mostly shirts) and has extremely limited quantities of each piece. That means once they sell out it's GONE. I love their message, "FLAG NOR FAIL is a mindset. No surrender and no failure. Flag represents surrender, much like one would wave a white flag to admit defeat. No surrender, no failure." Mostly bodybuilders wear their clothes, but it's not limited to only us meat heads. Dana Linn Bailey, the NPC's first Women's Physique Pro and her husband are the main faces behind the clothing brand. I love Dana's physique and follow her career in the IFBB. She looks a lot different in the shirts than I do, but hey, I think I still look pretty good in them. ;) Anyways, today I tried my hand at the "Perfect Foods Bar". I stumbled across this delicious snack/meal replacement bar a couple years back at the health food store. I was very impressed with the ingredients list AND the flavor was phenomenal. Yesterday I went to Good Earth for a few things (Ezekiel Bread, Kombucha Tea, and some dark chocolate). I was standing by the cashier line and saw the Perfect Foods Bar eyeballing me back. My tummy grumbled and then yelled, "feed me... with that!" So I obliged and purchased the bar. I shared some with Kellen, because ya I'm confident enough in the brand and the ingredients that I'd feed it to my 1 year old. He gobbled up half of it, little stinker. The bar is pretty expensive, about $3 each. So I decided to try to make a version for myself.
In a food processor, mix 4 tbs almond butter, 12 almonds, 2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tbs chia seeds and 1 tbs flax seeds. It'll form a ball in the food processor when it's done. Remove the dough and form into 3 small bars.
And here's a pic in my new FNF sleeveless hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment