Sunday, September 9, 2012

Less Training Means More Free Time

So since I've chosen baby that means my lifestyle changes. That means two things different for me, more food and less training. Sound funny? Believe it or not if your bodyfat is too low and you train too intensely your body will not want to support a human life. For me this means sacrificing my "train hard" gym sessions for a different approach. Training not for muscle and a lean physique but for a healthy bodyfat while staying moderately strong and cardiovascularly fit. I plan on hitting the gym 4 times a week, lifting for 40 minutes and cardio for 20 minutes. My caloric intake also increases about 300 calories a day but in the form of healthy fats and some additional carbohydrates. I must admit, I went to Trader Joes yesterday for my groceries and I was very excited to throw peanut butter filled pretzels and the ingredients for tacos into the cart. I'll continue to eat clean of course, but it'll be much more relaxed in terms of food choices compared to my competition preparation.

With all this free time I started a couple projects that I've been putting off. First one finished: refurbished cellphone cover. I got the idea from Kandee Johnson whose blogs I follow. She's such a sweetheart and she is very artistic and creative. Check out the before and after photos along with a picture of my little helper.

3 comments:

  1. yay Krystal!! that is awesome :)

    ps. where did you get your do dads from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We are excited to get started making that baby. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as Kellen did. I'm kinda baby hungry and I want a pal for Kellen so 3 years isn't going to cut it. Lol. I got the jewels from JoAnn's Fabrics. They're David Tutera Wedding Jewels. ;)

    ReplyDelete