Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Long Time Coming....

Ya ya ya, I know! It's been a heck of a long time since my last blog post. So much has been going on and to be frankly honest with you, I'm just too dang tired at the end of my day to blog (yep, my brain is shutting down early, around 9:30pm usually). I'll try to fill you in as much as possible in as short of a post as possible. So I'm back in the states. For the first 3 weeks Kellen and I were getting into a schedule of how our lives would be functioning for the 3 months we would be living in Utah while Mike is gone. The first couple weeks were really hard on me. Not only was I away from my husband, I was trying to get over jet lag, I was also taking care of baby Kellen who was suffering not only from the 8 hour jet lag but a horrible cold bug that lasted 5 days. Then to make matters even worse he started teething just days after he got over his cold. Those molars are BRUTAL. Needless to say I pretty much didn't sleep for 2 weeks. On the fitness front, I started a new lifting program. PHAT Training (power hypertrophy adaptive training). It's a linear periodization in which your incorporating both power lifting and hypertrophy training in your weekly lifting split. Let me tell you, my body is sore every day of the week. I'm doing this program for two reasons, 1) to get stronger and 2)to grow my legs. Well, its working! My legs are getting thicker and my strength has increased in my lower body. So week 3 of being in the states was great. I was finally sleeping and getting into a schedule. Then last week we had to change it for a brief time to go meet my new nephew Braden. We drove down to Arizona with a brief stop in Phoenix to surprise my Aunts, Uncle, and Grand parents! It was great to finally introduce them all to my son Kellen, whom they've only seen pictures. Then the following day we picked up my sister Audra and headed down to Tucson to finally meet my sweet nephew Braden. He is as cute as the pictures. He was so good while we were in Tucson too, one night he even let his mommy Tina sleep for 6 hours. Way to go Braden, keep it up. It was wonderful seeing my brother too. He is so loving to his son Braden. I even made a couple recipes for everyone while I was down in Arizona. After all, clean eating is a lifestyle so it doesn't take a vacation. I did allow myself a little wiggle room for a couple of my favorite cheats, the Sonoran Hot Dog & some Chino Bandido's. Sunday was my 6 year Anniversary with my husband Mike, which is the second time we have had to spend our wedding anniversary apart. Poo. I got a great gift in the mail though, a brand new camera bag! So now we are finally back in Utah again and finally back in my own bed (well, my own bed from high school as I'm staying at my parents house). I think I shall try to make cleaner versions of my favorites from the trip, a healthier Sonoran Hot Dog and my Chino Bandido's Jade Chicken Quesidilla.

1 comment:

  1. yay good to see you on here again, now that you have a camera bag you need to get a camera strap from iMO shop on etsy...so cute. I got a couple for me and DH, adds a unique touch to your camera!

    ReplyDelete