Monday, February 13, 2012

What Motivates You?

What is your motivation, driving force, purpose for living a healthy and fit lifestyle? What it is now could very well be different than what is was yesterday, or what it will be tomorrow. For instance, in April 2011 my motivation was to lose the pregnancy weight. Kellen was born January 30, 2011 and I had already dropped 17 lbs just from giving birth and breastfeeding. The last bit of weight wasn't budging, so I knew I needed to implement exercise and change my eating habits if I wanted to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. After only 2 months I had hit my pre-pregnancy weight, what an accomplishment! However, The look of my body didn't reflect my old body. So then my motivation changed. I wanted to look GOOD again. Wait, let me rephrase. I wanted to look REALLY FRIGGEN GOOD. I wanted people to say, "when did you have your baby again? I don't believe you!" Within 4 more months of hard work both in the gym and in the kitchen, I felt my body was mine again. My clothes felt good, I liked what I saw in the mirror, and I felt sexy again naked. Then my driving force had to change again. This is when I decided I would try out for the Blood & Guts Club of Sigonella. I went about getting strong, doing what I needed to pass those tests. What I'm trying to say is what will you do once you hit your goal? How will your motivation change? There always needs to be a strong, passionate, underlying reason for day after day training and healthy eating. It can't be something trivial, these only last days or weeks only to dissipate. Then you're back to your old self. You know, that girl who doesn't like what she sees in the mirror, the one who won't get naked in front of her husband, the one who goes back for second helpings of the chocolate cake only to feel sick and horrible after finishing. I can't help you find your reason for your own personal transformation. It must come from within yourself. Good luck, and happy training.

No comments:

Post a Comment