Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day Chocolates for the Competitor

I don't celebrate Valentines Day. About 4 years ago we decided (my husband and I) that we felt the "holiday" was a man made, hallmark holiday used to boost the economy by quilting couples into purchasing extravagant gifts and spending copious amount of money on flower, candy, and dinner. We both feel that we do not need a holiday to show each other love. We'd much rather surprise one another on a random day with a thoughtful gift or gesture. It makes it that much more special when you least expect it. That being said, I can't help but want chocolate on Valentines Day because of the constant barrage from the media and retailers with chocolate sales. But heck, I like chocolate anytime of day! Since I'm in competition diet mode, I wanted my chocolate fix. I did some research and thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie I found a recipe that I could tweak to fit my diet. I will call them Dark Chocolate Protein Stars (as the molds I used were star shaped). I will include both the competition diet version (no sugar) as well as the off-season version, which is much better tasting. I won't lie, I like REAL sugar. But right now my diet doesn't allow too much of it. 1/2 Cup + 1 tbs Hershey Special Dark Cocoa. 4 Tbs Coconut Oil. 10 packets Stevia in the Raw (OR 1/4 cup agave if you want the much tastier version and aren't watching your sugars). 1 scoop Vanilla Casein Protein Powder. Directions: Melt the coconut oil and pour into bowl. Add the other ingredients and combine. Slowly add water until you get a smooth texture (for me it was 5 tbs of water). Pour into molds. This recipe made 15 stars. Nutrition Information For Recipe w/ Stevia: Calories: 46, Carb 3, Protein 2, Fat 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment