Monday, February 20, 2012

The Number 1 Thing

The number 1 thing people ask me is, "What am I doing wrong? I can't lose weight." The first response is always, "how's your diet?" I believe that 70% of the results you see are directly related to one's diet. Diet is so crucial! I hate to see people killing themselves in the gym only to think this work gave them a free meal ticket to WHATEVER they want to eat and then they wonder why they aren't seeing results. How can you change this in your life? Well, there are a couple things you can start incorporating now and you will start seeing results. First: You must invest in a... Food Diary. You can get fancy and spend $30 on a nice binded book that's set up exactly for that, or you can spend $1 on a spiral notebook and do it this way too. Or, if your like me and live on your electronic devices, you can download an application (myfitnesspal is what I use). When you correctly log in your food you will start seeing patterns of eating habits. Are you eating enough food? How big are your portions? When are you eating your food? What are you snacking on during the day? Etc. Secondly: Read, educate, and inform yourself! Oh ya, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most trainers I know are very willing to answer a question FOR FREE. Yep, we aren't going to charge you if you come up to us and ask, "what should I eat for breakfast?". I promise, we won't be sending you a bill after we answer! Third: stay away from fad diets. Eat clean and exercise, that's how it's done. Need a great resource to start? Tosca Reno's Eat Clean book is my go to for new clients. This is a lifestyle, and eating clean isn't hard to do. You will look great, have lots of energy, AND still enjoy food. It's very possible. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment