Friday, March 22, 2013

Raw Cashews and Why I'm Eating Fruit Again

After successfully finishing the cleanse weeks ago I continued to eat a mostly produce and animal meat diet, similar to Paleo. My body likes this but it can be hard to stick to when traveling or being social. Recently I began to eat lots of raw nuts and seeds as a snack source (mostly raw cashews and sunflower seeds). For almost one week I noticed horrible lower abdominal cramping and diarrhea. The only thing I could pinpoint was the raw nuts. So I completely removed them from my diet for 3 days to see if it relieved the issue. Sure enough, it did! I then began to experiment by bringing the raw cashews back into my diet to see if I could handle them. Even in a regular serving size they gave me an issue. I had no idea that my body didn't like cashews. Funny thing is I have no problem with almonds or sunflower seeds. It's amazing what you can find out with food allergies and intolerances after you really pay attention to your body and go down to the basics.

About a week ago my go-to grocery store had buy one get one free Strawberry Containers. At $4 a pop, and the known fact my boys LOVE this fruit, I took advantage of the deal. After the strawberries found a home in my fridge they began to start staring back at me every time I opened the fridge door. Then one day I went, "aw, the heck with it!" and pulled out about 5, washed them, and gobbled them up. They were so sweet and delicious. I haven't had fruit in months! So far my body has been happy with them back in my diet. I also ate a banana on Sunday after my yoga class. I'm still going to keep the fruit to a minimal, only one serving per day. I have noticed that my sugar cravings are back. After my 2pm bowl of strawberries yesterday around 8pm I craved another bowl. It was really hard to say no, but a little bit of Sleepy Time Tea took the edge off the craving.

On the home front, we are hoping to sign the papers and get the keys to our new home sometime beginning next week. I can't wait, seriously, it can't happen soon enough! I've been "homeless" and a "gypsy" of sorts for 11 months now. When we left Italy our stuff was transferred to storage in the US and its been there ever since! We began living with family this summer in Utah, then went to a hotel for a month in Vegas, transferred to a furnished condo for 3 months, transferred to a temporary townhouse for another 4 months, and now we await to move into our beautiful home. This short sale process was anything but short taking over 7 months. I'm not sure if I'd ever do it again, maybe I'll change my mind once we've moved in and it's ours. So if you're ever looking at buying a short sale, know its not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment