Monday, March 25, 2013

Accidental Hot Yoga

News Flash! We are finally going to move into our house this week. Because of all the business that ensues moving into our home, my workouts will be few and far between. I hate missing workouts and I get especially grumpy when I don't exercise, but since I don't have time to get in a traditional workout at the gym, I'll have to do at home workouts. Step in my Clark County Library Card! I picked up two yoga videos that I will use this week in between the cleaning and moving of our stuff.
Today I cleaned most of the townhouse in preparation for our walk through with the landlord and moving out. This included deep clean of the kitchen cabinets, towel and linen laundry, deep floor cleaning, and utilizing the Self Clean button on the oven. Little did I know that Self Clean button heats the oven up to temperatures beyond normal baking degrees and for over 4 hours of these temperatures. During Kellen's nap time, I popped in one of the videos, "Power Vinyasa: Whole Body Workout." It is a one hour Vinyasa Flow yoga workout. It is an intermediate level DVD but they have included modifications for the difficult poses. Halfway through the practice I felt the living room getting uncomfortably hot and laughed to myself thinking, "I just accidentally created a hot vinyasa flow class!" Overall I liked the video and would recommend to try it yourself through your local library or on Netflix.
Kellen perfectly timed his nap to wake up just as I was starting to come out of Shavasana, Dead Man's Pose. I brought him downstairs and he insisted on watching the video and trying some of the poses himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment