Friday, January 18, 2013

Post Doc Update

I went and saw my Gyno this past Friday to chat AGAIN about my irregular cycles and hormonal imbalance. After describing my symptoms, she ordered a Thyroid test and scheduled a Pelvic Ultrasound. No answers, which is frustrating, but at least there is some action being taken to get answers. My ultrasound is scheduled in one week, then I have to wait an additional week after the US to get my results. So I've got 2 more weeks before I could possibly find out the findings. Wait, wait, o ya, and wait some more!

In other arenas of health, I've started my DTP/Yoga weekly workout regimen. I. WAS. SO. SORE. Everyday was a constant battle in the gym. DTP is no joke, it's a different kind of weight training for me so I was definitely challenged. The Dramatic Training Principle was created by Kris Gethin and if you're looking for a short 4 week program to increase your muscle and challenge yourself check it out on bodybuilding.com. Also, I started training with Rasa, my yoga instructor, twice per week (instead of only Sunday). She is amazing and really has brought back my passion for the practice. I managed to perform a supported headstand inversion for 10 seconds, but then I lost my balance and came crashing down! Kind of embarrassing, but I was proud in the same moment.

In terms of my diet I've been craving more of a vegetarian/Mediterranean style diet. Once or twice per week I've ate meat but I'm sticking mostly to eggs, beans, and my protein shake as my primary sources of protein. I've been loving my Ezekiel tortilla with hummus wrap lately! And I try to get in sushi every other week. Once I finally get pregnant my sushi choices change from raw to cooked so I want to get it in as much as possible but still within my budget. Sushi is expensive!

In terms of being creative in my kitchen, that hasn't been happening lately. Sadly, we are still in a temporary furnished condo until our short sale has been approved. The process takes long, but I didn't realize it would take THIS long. So because I don't have my usual kitchen tools (food processor, vitamix blender, mandolin etc) I haven't been doing too many fancy pantsy stuff. But I've been really enjoying hummus (Trader Joes), Ezekiel Tortillas, fried eggs (fried in coconut oil), cucumbers, pistachios and craisins. Not all in the same dish though!

No comments:

Post a Comment