Sunday, November 4, 2012

Maca and some Fertility Bars

So, I spoke a little too soon. The evening of my last post (in which I said I was feeling good and hoping my hormones would balance themselves) I had more cramping and spotting. I was so frustrated and upset at that point. About one month ago I was having a conversation with the owner of a health food and supplement store I frequently shop at. I mentioned to him my hormones were "out of whack" and he suggested I try using Maca Root. He gave me some written information on the supplement Maca which I briefly read over a few days afterward. Back to Monday evening after my last post. I was desperate to get some relief from these crazy hormones so at 6:45pm I put Kellen in his carseat and we drove back to this health food store. The gentleman who knows my face and Kellen's cute mug greets and welcomes me asking if I enjoyed my last purchase (raw organic whole food multivitamins & whey isolate). I said yes and informed him that I wanted to start the Maca supplement. He smiled and rang up my purchase as well as the Kombucha I threw in the mix (o how I love Kombucha, you should try it!). The next morning I began taking my Maca supplement. This is because Maca also increases energy and stamina as well as helps balance your hormones, meaning take Maca in the morning so it doesn't interfere with sleep.


So far I've noticed an overall feeling of happiness and well being. Also, I haven't had any bout of diarrhea or cramping. No spotting or abnormal "hormonal" issues as of yet (these include acne, cramping, backaches, headaches, bloating, etc). It's only been one week so here's to hoping its the Maca doing the trick and I start seeing the benefits of having hormone harmony!


Onto other news, I made what I call Fertility Breakfast Bars. Very tasty and full of delicious "superfoods" for overall health and wellness, not to mention easy to make as well.


In a large bowl mix the following:

1/2 cup oat bran

1/2 cup ground flax seed

1/2 cup almond flour

1 cup Organic Greek Yogurt

1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup

1 tbs Chia Seeds

2 tbs Coconut Oil

Press mixture into 5x5 inch pan. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is best) and then cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. o man, i should get me some maca!! seems like my hormones are all out of wack too.

    ReplyDelete