Monday, November 5, 2012

Banana Mookies

I had a very ripe almost too-gross-to-eat looking banana that I needed SOMETHING to do with. As with most of my cooking adventures, I open the pantry and just start pulling stuff out. A little almond flour, and some coconut oil, an egg to bind... Today I came up with Banana Mookies! They are a cross between a cookies and a muffin. Delicious and nutritious. Absolutely no guilt. Boo ya, my favorite kind of food.


1 mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1/2 cup almond flour
2 egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs melted coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Dash of salt

Mix all ingredients and place on baking sheet like cookies. Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes. Let cool then remove from pan. If you like your Mookies really sweet replace the applesauce with 1/4 cup honey and increase the coconut oil to 2 tbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment