Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Ultimate Fitness Facility

Like my hotel "kitchen" I was less then impressed with the fitness room in our hotel.
When I walked in and realized I didn't even have 1/8 of the amount of equipment I usually train with I knew I'd have to get inventive with my workouts. There was only 3 treadmills, 3 benches and a rack of free weights ranging from 15-55lbs. Eek!
I figure to get my heart rate up and properly fatigue the muscle group I'm targeting it'd be best to incorporate giant sets and circuit training. Since it was leg day I did 3 different giant sets targeting both quad, glutes and hamstrings. First: dumbbell squats, sumo squats, box jumps. Repeat 3 times then moved onto next giant set. Second: dumbbell pull through, straight leg deadlift, dumbbell swing. Repeat 3 times then moved onto third and final giant set: wall squat, frog squat, hip bridge. Took 45 minutes and I was a hot sweaty mess in the end. As for food, I ate some tasty Salty Oats for bkfast (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 tbs sunflower seeds in cup microwaved for 2 min). Lunch was a huge salad and bowl of chicken soup from Souplantation. And dinner, well I haven't gotten there yet but I'm thinking another salad... I'm trying to eat my weight in vegetation!



No comments:

Post a Comment